Douglas Albert WilliamsAssociate
Email Douglas Albert Williams ›
Doug Williams is an associate at Abes Baumann with more than 15 years of experience in Workers’ Compensation. He’s an integral part of the Abes Baumann team that represents the rights of injured workers.
Doug is a 1991 graduate of Grove City College, and he earned a J.D. from Duquesne University in 1996. While at Duquesne, Doug was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award for Constitutional Law. During law school, he worked as a law clerk at Abes Baumann, applying what he learned in the classroom to the problems of real people injured on the job.
Doug has clerked for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, researching and drafting decisions for Workers’ Compensation Judges. Doug currently serves on the Amicus Committee of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, writing friend of the court briefs to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth and Supreme Courts on a variety of issues.
Married for more than 20 years with two children, Doug coaches youth soccer and basketball; he also volunteers as an advisor and judge for High School Mock Trial teams.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2015
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2005-2007
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Amicus Curie Committee, writes Friend of Court Briefs in Pennsylvania Commonwealth and Pennsylvania Supreme Courts
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member