Sandra Weigel KokalAssociate
Sandra Weigel Kokal is an associate at Abes Baumann. She has a long and successful history of fighting for the rights of injured people. Prior to joining Abes Baumann in 2000, Sandra spent nine years working as a trial attorney in Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury and Social Security. She joined Abes Baumann to head the Appellate Department.
Sandra is a 1983 graduate of Washington & Jefferson College and earned a J.D. from Duquesne University in 1991. While at Abes Baumann, she has written briefs for Pennsylvania Supreme Court cases, including Panyko v. WCAB (U.S. Airways), 888 A.2d 724 (2005) (making new law on heart attack cases); Riddle v. WCAB (Allegheny City Electric, Inc.), 981 A.2d 1288 (2009) (what geographical location is appropriate for earning power assessments); and Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court cases, including Holler v. WCAB (Tri Wire Engineering Solutions, Inc.), 104 A.3d 68 (Pa Cmwlth 2013).
Sandra and her husband have been married for more than 20 years, and they have two children. She is also an active volunteer with the Gateway High School Marching Band in support of her children.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of Western Pennsylvania, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member