Susan Paczak is an Associate at Abes Baumann who has more than 20 years of experience in Workers’ Compensation, Social Security, and Veterans’ Benefits.
Susan is a 1980 Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. In 1989, she earned her J.D. from Duquesne University, graduating Cum Laude. In law school, she was an associate editor of the Duquesne Law Review. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a paralegal and a law clerk at Abes Baumann, applying what she learned in the classroom to the real world.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member, Military and Veterans’ Affairs Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Council Member, 2011-2014
- Women’s Bar Association of Western Pennsylvania, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Sustaining Member
- National Organization of Veterans Benefits, Sustaining Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Social Security Practitioners’ Committee
Seminars and Presentations
- Practice before the Department of Veterans Affairs, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Elder Law: Obtaining Veterans’ Benefits and Funding Long-term Care, National Business Institute